Courgette & Mint Salad with Chilli Lemon & Ricotta (Serves 4)
by Namrata Sundaresan
This fresh salad works as a great side or even a main meal.
- 2 Courgettes / Zucchini - (about 400g), ends trimmed and cut into slices and seared on a grill pan (1 green & 1 yellow)
- 2 Red Chillis thinly sliced
- Zest and juice of ½ Lemon (or Sherry or Cider Vinegar)
- Handful of Mint leaves
- 100 g soft Ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons Pine nuts / Walnuts / Flax seeds / Pepitas
- 2 handfuls Rocket leaves / Romaine / Iceberg - optional
- Heat a griddle pan to medium. Put the courgette slices in a bowl and toss with 1½ tbsp of the oil. Griddle for 3-4 mins on each side – you’ll need to do this in batches – then transfer to a clean bowl.
- Mix together the remaining oil, the vinegar / lemon juice, most of the chilli and mint, and some pepper & salt, then pour over the courgettes and leave to marinate.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in a small pan until foaming, then add the pine nuts. Cook over a low heat until nicely browned, then drain on kitchen paper.
- To assemble the salad, toss the rocket and most of the pine nuts with the courgettes. Divide among plates or pile onto a serving dish. Break the ricotta into chunks and dot over the salad, then scatter the remaining chilli, mint and pine nuts on top.
Note: Image & recipe adapted from BBC Good Food