Lavender Fields Biscuit Sticks (Makes 14 sticks, with dough to spare)
- 3 cups AP flour (Maida)
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ¾ teaspoon Baking Soda
- 170g Unsalted Butter, cold
- ¾ cup Käse Cheese Lavender Fields, finely shredded
- 1 ¼ cup Milk + 1 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar (mix and set aside 10 minutes before using)
- 2 tablespoons melted Butter
- Preheat oven to 475°F (~240°C).
- Cut cold butter into cubes, place in freezer for 5 minutes.
- Measure flour, mix in salt and leavening agents - chill for 5 minutes.
- Cut butter into flour using your fingers. Lightly smush butter cubes into the flour until the mixture is crumbly with pea sized pieces of butter remaining. Mixture should hold its shape when squeezed.
- Mix in shredded cheese with a spatula.
- Stir in “buttermilk” until the dough barely comes together.
- Turn onto a floured surface and knead gently until a dough forms, place dough in freezer for 10 minutes.
- Roll dough into a large rectangle on a floured surface.
- Slice into sticks about 1” wide and 4” long, place on an un-greased baking sheet. Lightly brush melted butter onto the sticks.
- Bake until golden brown, about 12 minutes.
- Serve with jam or mustard (Try the Balsamic Onion Relish from Käse!)