Tomme & Pumpkin Ravioli (Serves 2-3)
- 200g 00 Flour
- 2 Large Eggs (or 3 medium Eggs)
- 400g of Yellow Pumpkin, chopped
- 2 medium Red Bell Peppers, sliced in half
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil, to drizzle
- 2 portions of Käse Ricotta cheese (about 1 heaped cup)
- ¼ - ½ of Käse Tomme cheese (balance to taste)
- Pinch of Nutmeg
- Salt, to taste
- Black Pepper, to taste
- ½ cup salted Butter
- 1½ teaspoons Capers, drained
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Drizzle and toss vegetables in olive oil, roast in oven for about 40 minutes, or until pumpkin is soft and peppers are charred.
- Place peppers in a ziplock bag, seal and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Peel peppers, and add alongside cooled pumpkin into a mixer, blend to a fine puree.
- Combine puree into Ricotta cheese and beat gently.
- Add in Tomme cheese, salt, pepper and nutmeg, fold gently.
- Set aside filling in fridge.
Prepare Pasta Dough
- Prepare a well of flour on a clean surface, crack in eggs and whisk gently.
- Knead to incorporate dry flour into the mixture once a paste has formed.
- Once a dough forms, continue kneading for 10 minutes.
- Wrap in plastic, or use a ziplock bag, and rest for 30 minutes.
- Sheet pasta using preferred method to form about ⅛ inch thick sheets, about 5 inches wide, dust surface well with flour.
- Form ravioli by placing a tablespoon of filling at intervals on the sheets, cover with a second sheet and cut, using a cookie cutter or ravioli stamp.
- Set aside on a floured plate.
- Melt butter in pan, heat til bubbles form.
- Watch the butter for signs of browning, stirring occasionally.
- Butter should start to brown and a nutty smell will arise.
- Add in capers, butter will splutter so take precautions.
- Stir and turn of heat.
Finishing the Dish
- Boil pasta in well salted boiling water until ravioli starts to float to the surface, cook for an additional 5 minutes from this point.
- Transfer ravioli into pan with sauce using a spider colander, allowing any pasta water to emulsify in the sauce.
- Serve immediately while hot.